A rough account of what I did with Emacs recently.
- December 4
- Continued adventures in attempting to coerce Perl and Python to
speak the same text-munging protocol, I find that Perl assumes you
want all your LOCALE and UNICODE in your \w, while Python assumes
you don't, and making the two converge is a bit more of a pain
than I first imagined.
The general gist of what I'm trying to get to here is that I have
a hashing function that tries to generate a unique signature for a
given entry in an RSS feed (handwaving why this might be a thing I
require), and in order to avoid various problems I'm attempting to
generate the same hash from Perl and Python by beating the two of
them in each others' directions until they agree on the entire
collection of test data I'm throwing at them. Python keeps
breaking on things that involve unicode, and while I understand
why, it's still annoying to deal with. On the plus side, I will
have a pretty much unicode-clean setup when this is
- December 1
- D'oh. I allowed my StartCOM SSL cert to expire, so I had to
reregister with them to get my account back in order. Thankfully,
their customer service is pretty awesome even on a Sunday
previous month | current month
Time to start shopping...