A rough account of what I did with Emacs recently.
- October 30
- Mildly annoying: server got disconnected from ethernet at some
point, and I'm not clear how.
- October 29
- Been away for a few days. Currently fighting my body's belief
that it's 6:30am (hint: it's not).
I seem to have developed an odd and annoying muscle-memory habit
of quitting emacs when I merely intended to kill the current
buffer. I have a vague idea I can attribute this to a week of
working remotely on stuff that I needed to edit hastily. I used do
this sort of thing in vi, but it's rather irritating to
discover it's now latched into my (metaphorical)
- October 12
- I liked the idea behind Chronicle, but I'm not really a fan
of the home video style of film making, so that kind of dimished
this movie for me. If you're ok with that sort of thing, though,
this is a pretty good watch.
- October 7
- Morning crankiness: why am I in receipt of physical phone books,
and more to the point, why can't I opt out of receiving
Hmm. I missed this: Workgroup
Manager. This may be the user management tool I was looking
for during previous crankiness.
Looking at setting up SPF records for myself also due to recent
- October 6
- Watched about half an hour of The Rocker before it degraded from
"mildly amusing" to "unwatchable dreck", after
which we switched to Farewell, My Lovely which
proved to be a much better choice. Nicely done, and from
recollection a pretty straightforward lift from the Chandler
- October 4
- Right, server access restored.
previous month | current month | next month